for our

        Tender to implement Curl based HTTP/WebDAV UCP

which has been published on

https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2021/04/29/tender-to-implement-curl-based-http-webdav-ucp-202104-01/

we received the following question:

"getting rid of four bundled external libraries" - Could you please clarify what these four libraries are?

The answer for this question, which we'll hereby share with the general public, is the following:

The text only indirectly mentions that serf "is complicated to build, as it drags in two other bundled external libraries", which are apr and its dependency apr_util (both in external/apr/). So the "four bundled external libraries" would be apr, apr_util, neon, and serf. (There are still other dependencies on openssl, like ExternalProject_python3 and ExternalProject_xmlsec, so we will not get rid of it through this tender.)

Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: floeff@documentfoundation.org