On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 11:16 PM Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@collabora.com>
wrote:

On 23/03/2021 18:56, Andreas Mantke wrote:
Am 23.03.21 um 19:11 schrieb Italo Vignoli:
OSI statement: https://opensource.org/OSI_Response

great and consequent statement.

        Perhaps more measured than:

        https://rms-open-letter.github.io/

        Which is gathering steam, and focuses on the beliefs that are
acceptable in various communities.

Note however I am not asking TDF's Board to endorse a public statement by
others, or to engage in discussion of the valid ethical and moral issues
raised in those statements. As a former director I have been in multiple
TDF meetings where this has happened and know it is divisive and
unproductive in this community.

Instead, I am asking the Board to suspend FSF's membership of TDF's
Advisory Board until such time as they regain the authority that led to
them being freely offered the role in the first place and which they have
squandered by their recent actions. I suggest the Board simply vote on this
action directly, in the light of all the available public information.

Cheers

Simon