On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 05:46:18PM +0000, Simon Phipps wrote:
I'll be more direct than Andreas in this matter. Given the FSF Board has
demonstrated[1] that it is aware that reappointing RMS would be regarded as
bad judgement by everyone at LibrePlanet, and given other organisations[2]
are choosing to disconnect FSF from their governance, TDF's Board should
also consider removal of FSF from their advisory board, at least
temporarily until it has achieved representative governance.

Given recent events, I support this proposal by Simon for TDF to:

- distance itself from FSF at minimum
- and also consider removing FSF from TDFs advisory board immediately

Any entity to make such a deliberate, yet ill-advised, self-defeating
decision that sabotages its own stated goals should not be given a
priviledged position in providing advise to the Document Foundation.

Best,

Bjoern