Hi Dennis,
Le 10/03/2021 à 18:12, Dennis Roczek a écrit :

Hello everybody,

Am 09.03.21 um 15:14 schrieb Florian Effenberger:

3. Discuss: Business entity (Thorsten, Florian, all 10min)
   * Two existing proposals in
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/NeBWm25cd2LHyoq - Germany
and Luxembourg
   * rescheduled after 4 weeks question and clarification, status of this
   * Question about ownership and mission/scope/rationale of business
entity
   * Need to make some decision, one of the too proposals or can also
be there's no entity in the next ~6-12 months
   * App stores: TDF's readiness wrt. tools and skills to provide,
package and update app store binaries, plus documenting
   Rationale: We asked the public to send proposals, so let's discuss
in public first. We can move to private if needed.

I just checked the Windows store and the Apple Store for Videolan's VLC
Player.

In Apple's App Store I didn't found anything.
In MS Store there it is listed with two apps:
* VLC for Windows (with remark that not all features are available)
* VLC for Windows Phone [sic]

So I'm sill undecided: on one and I do understand the need for a
business entity on the other hand I do not understand the need as other
non profit organizations like VLC are able to publish their apps in app
stores. What is different in their organization in comparison to our
organization?

It's Videolabs who is the editor of the apps, see:
https://www.videolan.org/videolan/partners.html
Videolabs is the company run by Jean-Baptiste to support VideoLAN
Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier sophi@libreoffice.org