Seasonal Greetings!

Dear community members, TDF members, Advisory board members, team members, membership committee and board!

A very special year for everyone but also for the LibreOffice community comes to an end. A lot of challenges in our daily work with or for the community and the project have been faced, forced from the worldwide COVID pandemia with a lot of consequences in everybody’s life and in the way to work together. And it was also the year of our jubilee of 10 years with the LibreOffice project and 20 years of free and open office productivity tools.

A lot have been done and reached in the community nevertheless we faced this situation without meeting in person. One highlight certainly was the openSuse & LibreOffice conference totally virtual, another I think the open and transparent discussion process about the marketing plan and with all that a shift to more participation of the community in decision making for the foundation. I am far away of being able to mention all the good activities, running tenders, virtual events, local community work, code development for issues fixing and new features, team tasks, quality assuring and documentation work streams, marketing and spreading the word activities and last but not least securing a stable donations stream, a lot of valuable contribution of ecosystem partners ect.

This was just and only possible with all of your personal individual contributions to the project(s) of The Document Foundation. And in this days at the end of the year it is time to say a truly thank you for all your efforts and contributions in it. People around the world - may it be local community members, may it be ecosystem or advisory board members, may it be team members, may it be within or without the TDF membership are working together for promotion and development of an office software available for use by anyone!

Without your help, without your contribution to the project we couldn’t have reached all this in such a special year! Thank YOU! Thank you for all your motivation to support our common goals.

Certainly there is also a challenging new year ahead of us, but I am convinced with this big and healthy community we will also overcome this still ongoing pandemia and take certainly additional steps to go for the right project setting in the next decade of LibreOffice!

I wish you and your beloved ones a few days of recreation at the end of this year and a stable good health.

Thanks again and hope to see you all with your contributions in the new year again,
yours
Lothar Becker
as chairman of the board