[VOTE] LibreOffice 7.1 tag ("label")

As announced in the previous mail, as follow-up to the marketing plan, the board ALSO has to decide on a concrete TAG (“Label”) for LibreOffice 7.1.

Find the SLIDES with the THREE PROPOSED TAGS at

https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/sTKeS4NipJ6X9XH

which are from the discussion with our members, and also contain related information on their strengths and weaknesses, provided by the marketing team.

The proposals, in ALPHABETICAL order, are as follows:

a. Advance
b. Community
c. Rolling

Vote text and procedures:

  • Please VOTE with a clear RANKING for the three TAG (“label”) proposals.
    No double ranks are allowed. Each ranking can be assigned just once.
    3 is the HIGHEST ranking (your most favorite tag), 1 is the LOWEST ranking (your least favorite tag).
    The winner will be the tag ranked best, i.e. with the highest overall number.
    We use the ranking to come to a quick and effective decision this week.

Notes on the vote:

  • This vote is NOT about possible TRANSLATIONS.
    Details of that is to be decided by the local communities together with the marketing project.
    If no appropriate translation is found, the original term in English will be taken.

  • This vote is NOT about the ABOUT BOX TEXT.
    This will be decided after the tag is chosen.

I now ask ALL the board members to RANK.

The ranking will CLOSE

Thursday, December 10, 1800 Berlin time

I rather liked Personal; shame really but:

  Community
  Rolling
  Advance

  would be my preference. Thanks to all for their input & deliberation.

  ATB,

    Michael.

Hi all :slight_smile:

As announced in the previous mail, as follow-up to the marketing plan, the
board ALSO has to decide on a concrete TAG ("Label") for LibreOffice 7.1.

Find the SLIDES with the THREE PROPOSED TAGS at

    https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/sTKeS4NipJ6X9XH

which are from the discussion with our members, and also contain related
information on their strengths and weaknesses, provided by the marketing
team.

The proposals, in ALPHABETICAL order, are as follows:

a. Advance
b. Community
c. Rolling

My ranking is:

* Community
* Rolling
* Advance

Thanks a lot to all who contributed time and thoughts into this!

All the best,
Nicolas

This is my ranking

  1. Community
  2. Advance
  3. Rolling

I just want to mention that we need this type of consultation to receive more participation from the members of the foundation. I encourage everyone to voice their opinion when the opportunity arises, while thanking those who shared their ideas.

Regards

My prelation is as follows:

1. Advance
2. Community
3. Rolling

but all three are OK in my view. Much better than the Personal BS.

Adolfo

3 - Community
2 - Advance
1 -  Rolling

Paolo

Community = 3 pnts
Advance = 2 pnts
Rolling = 1 pnt

Greetings,
Cor

3. Advance
2. Community
1. Rolling

I understand, even between the community members, this is a pretty
controversial decision and for sure the result will leave a bad taste in
the mouth of many, whatever the decision will be.

Still, I would like to take the time to thank everyone that contributed
to the discussion, showing how much passion, love and care for the
project everyone has to contribute; I'm proud of our community.

Cheers,

3 - Community
2 - Advance
1 - Rolling

Clóvis Tristão

Hi,

My vote is as follows:

  1. Community : Though it may not be very meaningful to people outside the FOSS community, but since this term (Community version) is quite commonly used in many different software, such problem can be overcome IMO.

  2. Advance : A neural one to me

  3. Rolling: Not in favor of this since IMO it is quite tightly bound with development.

Franklin

Lothar K. Becker 於 2020/12/7 下午11:28 寫道:

[...]

Thursday, December 10, 1800 Berlin time – To unsubscribe e-mail to: board-discuss+unsubscribe@documentfoundation.org Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/ Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/ Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

Hi,

my ranking on the proposed labels is as follows:

3 - highest - Advance
2 - middle - Community
1- lowest - Rolling

Thanks to all of the community, team and mc and board, who contributed in discussions and preparation of the choice.

ATB
Lothar

[...]

Hello,

Lothar K. Becker wrote:

The proposals, in ALPHABETICAL order, are as follows:

a. Advance
b. Community
c. Rolling

_*Vote text and procedures: *_

- Please VOTE with a clear RANKING for the three TAG ("label") proposals.
  No double ranks are allowed. Each ranking can be assigned just once.
  3 is the HIGHEST ranking (your most favorite tag), 1 is the LOWEST ranking (your least favorite tag).
  The winner will be the tag ranked best, i.e. with the highest overall number.
  We use the ranking to come to a quick and effective decision this week.

The Board of Directors at the time of voting consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the vote needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.

A total of 6 Board of Directors members have participated in the vote.

The vote is quorate.

A quorum could be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.

Result of vote (in alphabetical order):

Advance – 3 points: 2 times, 2 points: 3 times, 1 point: 1 time – average: 2,17
(FYI, including deputies' motion: 3 points: 2 times, 2 points: 4 times, 1 point: 2 times – average: 2)

Community - 3 points: 4 times, 2 points: 2 times, 1 point: 0 times – average: 2,67
(FYI, including deputies' motion: 3 points: 6 times, 2 points: 2 times, 1 point: 0 times – average: 2,75)

Rolling - 3 points: 0 times, 2 points: 1 time, 1 point: 5 times – average: 1,17
(FYI, including deputies' motion: 3 points: 0 times, 2 points: 2 times, 1 point: 6 times – average: 1,25)

Decision: The proposal "Community" has been accepted.

This message is to be archived by the BoD members and their deputies.

3 Advance
2 Community
1 Rolling

Hi Lothar,

Lothar K. Becker wrote:

   The proposals, in ALPHABETICAL order, are as follows:

   a. Advance
   b. Community
   c. Rolling

My preference, in decreasing order:

* Community
* Rolling
* Advance

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Behrens wrote:

My preference, in decreasing order:

* Community
* Rolling
* Advance

thanks! That strengthens the ranking of "Community" even more, keeping it the most favorite one indeed!

Florian