[VOTE] LibreOffice 7.1 marketing plan

Find the SLIDES for this vote at

https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/Z6Y2YeDKHoRW3s8

which are a subset of the initially shared PDF, that was made available via Nextcloud. Removed from the aforementioned initially shared PDF are the following slides, that are irrelevant for the vote: slides 2, 10-14, 20-26, 36, 50-53, 62-64, 84

In the here shared PDF with the subset, slides 30, 36, 55 and 60 are updated to reflect the version number change from 7.0 to 7.1 (in red color).

Vote text:

  • APPROVAL of the 7.1 MARKETING PLAN, especially the ACTION ITEMS from the aforementioned shared slides slide 27 onwards.

  • The board ASKS THE TEAM, especially the marketing group with Italo and Mike, to WORK on the aforementioned ACTION ITEMS, as they are set forth in the PDF.

  • The board ASKS THE TEAM, especially the marketing group with Italo and Mike, to MONITOR results and RECEPTION of this marketing plan and its action items, and COLLECT AND BRING FORWARD PROPOSALS FOR CHANGES, REMOVALS AND ADDITIONS when necessary, especially in time for the NEXT MAJOR RELEASES and/or snapshots, or the LATEST IN SIX MONTHS’ TIME

Notes on the vote:

  • The vote on the TAG (“Label”) will be sent in a separate e-mail after this. It is marked as “TBD” (to be determined) in the slide deck.

I now ask ALL the board members to VOTE with APPROVAL (+1), DISAPPROVAL (-1) or ABSTAIN (0).

The vote will CLOSE

Thursday, December 10, 1800 Berlin time

Thanks to everyone for your work on the marketing plan and your commitment to making it a success.

Having various Online pieces in this which have not been discussed in
the context of today makes this extremely difficult to vote for quickly
- particularly without a discuss thread.

  The last board call we had:

    + re-look at the marketing plan (Paolo)
        + believe we should remove LOOL mentions for now
        + should be a live plan, we can modify it
        + for the moment: don't spend time
     promoting LOOL until we have an alternative or
     an agreement

  That sounds very sensible to me; and:

        + see all slides - some should not be there (Lothar)
           + why I'm for this / that.
           + should have a version next week -
         separate these out.

  So I assumed these would be removed. If that is the case - then I
support the plan, +1, otherwise it will need significantly more thought.

  Was that an oversight in shrinking the slides ? and of course, luckily
it's a link so easy to tweak ?

  Thanks,

    Michael.

Hi all :slight_smile:

[...]

Vote text:

- APPROVAL of the 7.1 MARKETING PLAN, especially the ACTION ITEMS from the
aforementioned shared slides slide 27 onwards.

- The board ASKS THE TEAM, especially the marketing group with Italo and
Mike, to WORK on the aforementioned ACTION ITEMS, as they are set forth in
the PDF.

- The board ASKS THE TEAM, especially the marketing group with Italo and
Mike, to MONITOR results and RECEPTION of this marketing plan and its action
items, and COLLECT AND BRING FORWARD PROPOSALS FOR CHANGES, REMOVALS AND
ADDITIONS when necessary, especially in time for the NEXT MAJOR RELEASES
and/or snapshots, or the LATEST IN SIX MONTHS' TIME

As already mentioned by Michael the Lool parts should probably be revisited.

But the plan has my +1 in general.

All the best,
Nicolas

My vote is APPROVAL (+1) to the Marketing Plan

I think it is necessary to thank everyone for their work on this, although I insist that we need this type of consultation to receive more participation from the members of the foundation. I encourage everyone, once again, to express their opinion when the opportunity arises.
However, this is a significant step forward in finding balances and compromises to work with the ecosystem for a bright future. Both commercial and volunteer contributors do valuable work.

+1

Paolo

[...]

Thanks to everyone for your work on the marketing plan and your commitment to making it a success. – To unsubscribe e-mail to: board-discuss+unsubscribe@documentfoundation.org Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/ Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/ Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

+1.

I would like to thank everyone that contributed to the discussion and
provided their inputs to make these (long awaited) changes to take form.

I think this is a first important step, but it should be only the
beginning of a journey, as underlined by the proposal by Lothar, to get
to a stable, balanced, sustainable and win-win status-quo between
volunteers and ecosystem partners. Everyone's contribution (on the
Marketing Plan, but more in general towards the project) is key for a
bright future for the project and our community.

Cheers,

There has been made some comments on these parts early (June) but never
discussed. I assume since the idea was to not include these now in the plan.

So apart from that: happy with the result.

Cor

Hi,

+1, Approve from me.

This subset is very well describing where we are and what we should do in the next years. I agree with all the contents in this subset and hope to take action following the plan with all the community friends.

And, Lothar’s change (from 7.0 to 7.1) tells us that, we have already had delays and should take action as soon as possible.

Franklin

Lothar K. Becker 於 2020/12/7 下午11:23 寫道:

[...]

And certainly my

+1 to that marketing plan,

as Emiliano wrote, thanks so much to all of you who were involved to reach this step, certainly a lot of work ahead which have to be planed and discussed.

Thanks again, please stay healthy
Lothar

[...]

Hello,

Lothar K. Becker wrote:

[...]

The Board of Directors at the time of voting consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the vote needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.

A total of 6 Board of Directors members have participated in the vote.

The vote is quorate.

A quorum could be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.

Result of vote:
5 approvals, 1 disapproval, 0 abstain
Both deputies support the motion as well.

Decision: The request has been accepted.

This message is to be archived by the BoD members and their deputies.

Lothar K. Becker wrote:

   - APPROVAL of the 7.1 MARKETING PLAN, especially the ACTION ITEMS from the
   aforementioned shared slides slide 27 onwards.

   - The board ASKS THE TEAM, especially the marketing group with Italo and
   Mike, to WORK on the aforementioned ACTION ITEMS, as they are set forth in
   the PDF.

   - The board ASKS THE TEAM, especially the marketing group with Italo and
   Mike, to MONITOR results and RECEPTION of this marketing plan and its
   action items, and COLLECT AND BRING FORWARD PROPOSALS FOR CHANGES,
   REMOVALS AND ADDITIONS when necessary, especially in time for the NEXT
   MAJOR RELEASES and/or snapshots, or the LATEST IN SIX MONTHS' TIME

+1 - broadly happy with the direction this is taking!

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Behrens wrote:

    - APPROVAL of the 7.1 MARKETING PLAN, especially the ACTION ITEMS from the
    aforementioned shared slides slide 27 onwards.

    - The board ASKS THE TEAM, especially the marketing group with Italo and
    Mike, to WORK on the aforementioned ACTION ITEMS, as they are set forth in
    the PDF.

    - The board ASKS THE TEAM, especially the marketing group with Italo and
    Mike, to MONITOR results and RECEPTION of this marketing plan and its
    action items, and COLLECT AND BRING FORWARD PROPOSALS FOR CHANGES,
    REMOVALS AND ADDITIONS when necessary, especially in time for the NEXT
    MAJOR RELEASES and/or snapshots, or the LATEST IN SIX MONTHS' TIME

+1 - broadly happy with the direction this is taking!

thanks a lot - with that, a total of 6 board members are now in support, as well as both deputies.

Florian