I believe the result is suboptimal but at least it provides us with a
new level of urgency to find some alternatives.

Having Collabora stated its position by removing the comments that COOL
is a LibreOffice project we now know that they consider the project as
something completely separate from TDF so we have no duty to promote a
third party project.
We should now remove all references to CODE or COOL as by promoting them
we would promote a commercial entity which is now not contributing
anymore to LOOL.
The way the fork has been made shows that the "leaving the doors open"
comment is once again a strategy to take time to kill the LOOL project
making Collabora, an external commercial entity, the only organisation
managing the project.

LOOL is a "LibreOffice project" which surely lost one of its major
contributor but this shouldn't stop TDF and its community from moving
forward with an On-Line platform.

As I said a few times LOOL and now COOL, being mostly maintained by a
single commercial organisation, are a big risk for TDF and its community
as at any moment in time they could change their focus in a way that can
be detrimental for the community, they could fail commercially and leave
us with unsupported code or they may be taken over by another commercial
organisation which may shut down the project.

TDF should not repeat the same mistakes so it should look for new
partners for the LOOL project and possibly for alternative technologies
but this time having a clear and structured relationship with the
contributors and surely invest to have multiple maintainers of the project.

In the meantime we should communicate to the outside world the fact that
COOL is not LOOL and that we will implement new tools to make it easier
for new contributors to LOOL to work on the code and with the clear
intent, if it wasn't already clear, to make LOOL available for free to
use by anyone and that we will make it as simple as possible to
implement it.

We surely should be leaving the doors open to Collabora if they wish to
propose a new way to cooperate , which should be fair and balanced and
applied in the same way to all members of the ecosystem, but in the
meantime members of TDF's BoD that wish the best for TDF and the
community instead of their personal gains should move forward as fast as
possible to fix the long standing issues that created this situation.

Paolo

1. to freeze (not delete) the "online" repository at TDF's git, for
the time being

1b. to switch the https://github.com/libreoffice/online mirror to
instead mirror the Collabora repo, for the time being, and make sure
we catch pull requests there, e.g. via the mentoring alias on TDF side

2. to freeze (not delete) the translations for online in Weblate, for
the time being

The decision will then also be announced and shared with the various
community mailing lists, to keep all the projects in the loop.

The Board of Directors at the time of voting consists of 7 seat
holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the vote needs to
have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.

A total of 7 Board of Directors members have participated in the vote.

The vote is quorate.

A quorum could be reached with a simple majority of 4 votes.

Result of vote: 3 approvals, 3 disapprovals, 1 abstain.
One deputy approves, one deputy disapproves.

As the vote is a tied vote, § 9 IV of the statutes come to effect. The
Chairperson has the deciding vote, and voted +1 to the proposal.
Therefore:

Decision: The request has been accepted.
This message is to be archived by the BoD members and their deputies.

Paolo Vecchi - Deputy Member of the Board of Directors