On 26.11.20 11:02, Florian Effenberger wrote:
1. to freeze (not delete) the "online" repository at TDF's git, for the time being
+1

1b. to switch the https://github.com/libreoffice/online mirror to instead mirror
0 (mirror COOL at LOOL might be confusing for volunteers)
+1 (if we could forward from LOOL to COOL)

2. to freeze (not delete) the translations for online in Weblate
+1/-1

I'm for a clear cut and a complete "outsourcing". What actually changes is the
location of the repository and the label (LOOL becomes COOL). We can bring back
Online at any point in time by "reforking".

Consequently, l10n for COOL would be a different effort. But since most strings
should be the same and translators probably don't want to create everything new,
the best in the interest of the l10n team might be to have some kind of shared
memory, if that's possible.

Nevertheless we should actively support COOL and encourage volunteers to
contribute to both projects. It's a matter of communication and marketing to let
users know that the front-end might be C'bra but it's actually LibreOffice what
they use. Workflow, artwork, look and feel should make users not only home at
both online and desktop but also show what part of the sister projects they are,
for example, reporting bugs.

Some remaining questions:
* How do we handle bug reports (BZ still has Online as project)?
* Will the LibreOffice help done by TDF also cover COOL (likely not)?
* Ask.LO is a convenient place for questions. Do we encourage people to provide
support for COOL there too? Would be hard to stop them, but is this a place for
LibreOffice question that occur when using COOL.
* Will extensions and templates work for both and do we host it?
* What actions do we take or request to make COOL being clearly a LibreOffice
product (need a better term here since it should be the same product and project
too)? For example, the about dialog tells me nothing right now but could be the
same as on desktop.
* Will TDF tender development for Online in the future?
* How do we advertise COOL (and expect the same from C'bra)?
* What are the expectation of C'bra to TDF? Could imagine not to build own LOOL
binaries first of all.