On 17/07/2020 01:10, Lionel Élie Mamane wrote:
[...] I must admit I haven't seen a working (for
"small guys"), "pooling" way to get fixes and enhancements outside of
the "single developer" model...
Out of interest: I have used the concept of co-funding successfully at other projects (phpList,
Open Initiative), which is like crowdfunding, but with fewer backers, each sharing a higher
percentage of the costs.

This can work where there are several SMEs who need a feature, that feature is desirable for a
larger userbase also (not an edge-case), and it the shared needs of the SMEs matches closely.

It saves on the considerable cost of a stereotypical crowdfunding campaign, which involves
significant marketing investment before, during and after. Co-funding is more efficient in
requiring direct management of only a handful of stakeholders, eg via a few telephone calls, if
suitable SMEs can first easily be identified.

Sam.