Agenda for TDF board meeting on Friday, October 23rd at 1300 Berlin time (UTC+2)

Dear Community,

find below the agenda for our

-> TDF board meeting with a public part, and followed by a private part
-> on Friday, October 23rd at 1300 Berlin time

For time zone conversion, see e.g.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20201023T13&p1=37&p2=136&p3=241&p4=589

-> at https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/TDFBoard

We meet on jitsi, and please, if possible use Chrome browser and do not use video and until not speaking up please mute.

-> AGENDA:

Public Part

1. Q&A: Answering Questions from the community (All, max. 10 min)
    Rationale: Provide an opportunity for the community to ask questions to the board and about TDF.

2. Discuss: Focussing and prioritizing, sorting goals and action items for the board in the light of LibO Con meetings (Lothar/Florian, All 20min)
    Rationale: Answering questions, discuss situation, suggest further steps with it, suggestion was: identify 5 most important and fokus energy/time on them and to bring them first to results, rest on hold until new weighting (after 6 weeks)

    Topics sorted alphabetically:

    * Accessibility
    * Advisory board and cooperation
    * App stores
    * Business entity and commercial activities
    * Capital investment
    * Community bylaws
    * Conflict of interest and tenders
    * Diversity and inclusion
    * Education, universities and schools
    * Events, conferences, LibOCon 2021 and Hackfests, physical and virtual
    * LibreOffice Online
    * LibreOffice Mobile (Android and iOS)
    * Marketing plan and growth and diversification of the ecosystem
    * Next next decade manifesto
    * Public sector: activities with e.g. Kiel, Dortmund or Treuchtlingen
    * Trademark policy, branding, OpenOffice brand

Agenda items of Private Part

3. Inform & Discuss: wealth management for foundation capital stock, evaluating meeting, proposal from Stephan, further steps (Stephan/Florian, Lothar, board members 10min)
    Reason why in private: confidential information about finance decision making
    Rational: evaluation and further steps

Hi Florian,

I’m not sure if I can make the meeting (Europe and Australian timezones are often not friendly to simultaneous meeting!) but I would be interested to hear the outcome of the accessibility discussion.

We have many users of the NVDA screenreader who would love to use LibreOffice, but run into accessibility issues with LibreOffice. Because we have not been able to have discussions with LO developers who can help address these, I find it difficult to recommend LO to users. I would love to be able to help turn that around.

Kind regards

Quentin.

[...]

  1. Inform & Discuss: wealth management for foundation capital stock,
    evaluating meeting, proposal from Stephan, further steps
    (Stephan/Florian, Lothar, board members 10min)
    Reason why in private: confidential information about finance
    decision making
    Rational: evaluation and further steps

Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: floeff@documentfoundation.org

Hi Quentin,

Quentin Christensen wrote:

I'm not sure if I can make the meeting (Europe and Australian timezones are often not friendly to simultaneous meeting!) but I would be interested to hear the outcome of the accessibility discussion.

thanks for the feedback!

Accessibility is one of the things we have on the agenda, and Friday's meeting is to discuss how/when to work on this, given all the other pending bits and pieces.

There's in parallel a discussion and work going on in the German community, and I'm in contact with people in that field - if there are any updates, I will share with the mailing list.

Also, the meeting minutes will be published on this mailing list. :slight_smile:

Florian

Thanks Florian! Have a great week - and stay safe and well too!

Quentin.