Not sure that the situation of happy UK retirees in Dordogne is the
best...parity Euros/Pound, rise of local taxes, lack of doctors aren't
probably  what they bet years ago. I suggest respectfully to not believe
the Economist magazine stereotypes and check carefully if a local program
couldn't be interesting in the case of a young entreprise .(tax exemption,
cheap/shared office, etc...). (and may think beyond of the german spoken
zone, respectfully again, that's Europe, all different !)
(may be Sophie G in Paris can help a little)

Regards.

Régis Perdreau