Re: TDF-Business-Entity (was: Re: [board-discuss] Board of Directors Meeting 2020-09-25)

Hi Andreas,

thank you for your feedback.

Before moving to Luxembourg a couple of years ago I had the same feeling
about it but, as written in my proposal, I discovered that few EU
countries didn't like to have Luxembourg as a competitor in tax
efficiency so they pushed for and obtained huge changes in local tax laws.

As you may know since a few years countries like UK, Holland and Ireland
offer much better opportunities for tax "efficiency".

The reasons that pushed me to propose Luxembourg, as written in the
document, are more related to the fact that there is, IMHO, a good
incorporation model and that it would be local to many EU institutions
with which we could cooperate to promote LibreOffice in their own
offices and across Europe.

Belgium also offers something similar through the AISBL but I feel that
Brussels is already saturated with lobbyists which would make our life
impossible.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Paolo