Agenda for TDF board meeting on Friday, September 25th at 1300 Berlin time (UTC+2)

Dear community,

find below the agenda for our

-> TDF board meeting with a public part, and followed by a private part -> on Friday, September 25th at 1300 Berlin time

For time zone conversion, see e.g.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20200925T13&p1=37&p2=136&p3=241&p4=589

-> at https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/TDFBoard

We meet on jitsi, and please, if possible use Chrome browser and do not use video and until not speaking up please mute.

-> AGENDA:

Public Part

1. Q&A: Answering Questions from the community (All, max. 10 min)
    Rationale: Provide an opportunity for the community to ask questions to the board and about TDF.

2. Discuss & Organize: Status & further steps in the subgroups with: a) marketing plan b) tender streamlining c)app store offering TDF d) TM licensing (All 15 min)
    Rationale: Discuss and identify the next steps
    Redmine ticket(s):

  a) LibreOffice 7.0/7.1 marketing plan

  b) KG22.01 - Streamline Tendering Process in 24 months

     KG22.01.1 - Two more tenders signed in 6 months

  c) form sub-group to work out and publish business entity proposals
     Thorsten, Michael, Nicolas, Paolo, Lothar: due to holidays a part of the subgroup did coordinate, Lothar will update his criteria list/problem statement with feedback, Paolo to follow-up with ministry for clarification of details

  d) from subgroup tp work out proposal for handling outrunning TM licenses End of September

3. Inform & Discuss: Status of redmine tickets of last board meetings (Lothar, Stephan/Florian, All 10 min)
    Rationale: Clarifying what is pending, questions to reports in redmine tickets, and what todo, who is caring, until when, it is not the intention to speak about all, but the important or urgent ones

    Just to be discussed if any news on:

    Membership Committee election (Florian)

    coordination of LibOCon internal meetings (Sophie)

    Digital tool for participation improvement

Agenda items of Private Part

4. Discuss & Decide how to proceed: grandfathering/change clauses for future TM agreements (Florian, all 5min)
    Reason why in private: confidential information about legal clauses
    Rationale: clarify status quo and pending questions/trademark grants, evaluation and further steps

5. Discuss & Decide how to proceed: Pending questions wrt. the license inquiry of an Italian Company about LibreOffice online (Florian/Lothar, all 10min)
    Reason why in private: confidential information about trademark inquiry
    Rationale: clarify pending questions/trademark grants, evaluation and further steps, see started email discussion

6. Discuss & further steps: development mentor tender (Lothar, board members 5min)
    Reason why in private: confidential information about applicants
    Rational: evaluation and further steps,

a) LibreOffice 7.0/7.1 marketing plan
working on this, Follow-on meeting was done, information/what is
uncontroversial and could be decided to be done now

I didn’t see any process in the past weeks/months on this topic.

There is a bug report, mailing list and a redmine issue,

no process or discussion was done in the last weeks.

Please start to focus all feedback from summer

and start the discussion on BZ or any public place again
to find a solution with the support of as many people as possible.

cheers
Andreas_K

On each tiny change on LibreOffice we fill bug reports

and wait for feedback and approval and for this big topic

I miss a global decision. In redmine only a final pdf was linked.

That’s not how LibO development works.

Consolidate the decision in BZ, where all other decisions were discussed.

again cheers
Andreas_K

Hi Andreas,

As much as I support and share the need of a public discussion/process on this (and the subgroup should have worked on integrating suggestions received, see Italo’s recent email), I should also add that Bugzilla is the least correct tool to put this through.

This is not a technical issue, but more a direction and strategy one and not only technical (coding) people should be involved.

As such, I would remark yet again to please stick with board-discuss as a public way to discuss the MarCom Plan bits and pieces.

Thanks for your inputs and for your your contributions to the project

Cheers,

True, Bugzilla is not a perfect tool for discussion.

All I’d like to say is that there was a lot of input during summer and I miss some resume or feedback about all the input.

TBH it looks like a mascot 2.0 disaster.

Cheers

As much as I support and share the need of a public discussion/process on this (and the subgroup should have worked on integrating suggestions received, see Italo’s recent email), I should also add that Bugzilla is the least correct tool to put this through.

This is not a technical issue, but more a direction and strategy one and not only technical (coding) people should be involved.

As such, I would remark yet again to please stick with board-discuss as a public way to discuss the MarCom Plan bits and pieces.

Thanks for your inputs and for your your contributions to the project

Cheers,

Constructive discussions and inputs collected from all channels were reflected in the second iteration of the marketing plan, which in fact is substantially different from the first one.