Re: [board-discuss] Questions To MC Candidates

Hi,

Am 08.09.20 um 14:23 schrieb Cor Nouws:
Hi,

Muhammet Kara wrote on 05/09/2020 15:55:
Hi Andreas & all,

On 8/31/20 9:06 PM, Andreas Mantke wrote:
Maybe a look into the second sentence of § 12 is also of interest here.
The MC initiate and supervise the board elections.

a) Could lead to a conflict of interest?
It is hard to say 'never' to such things with many aspects, but I can't
think of a general case right now. One needs to resign from the MC
before nominating for the BoD elections, and he/she is out of the MC
loop immediately. And it is no longer possible to have an effect on the
election process any more.
Of course I've seen the process and the situation a few times during the
many years that I served in the MC.
Given the number op people involved in the MC, looking at the election
process, multiple people supervising it, the way we discuss in openness,
etc. the change that one MC member influences the elections is in my
experience rather hypothetical.

maybe you didn't get the point. It's a heavy thread to the foundation
body MC, if  you create the impression that it is used to get a mandate
in a 'higher' / 'better' (more powerful or what ever you think)
foundation body.

And especially if you stay in one foundation body (during the elections)
as long as you get the mandate in the other foundation body (with safety
net).

Regards,
Andreas