Re: [board-discuss] Questions To MC Candidates

Hi,

Muhammet Kara wrote on 05/09/2020 15:55:
Hi Andreas & all,

On 8/31/20 9:06 PM, Andreas Mantke wrote:

Maybe a look into the second sentence of § 12 is also of interest here.
The MC initiate and supervise the board elections.

a) Could lead to a conflict of interest?

It is hard to say 'never' to such things with many aspects, but I can't
think of a general case right now. One needs to resign from the MC
before nominating for the BoD elections, and he/she is out of the MC
loop immediately. And it is no longer possible to have an effect on the
election process any more.

Of course I've seen the process and the situation a few times during the
many years that I served in the MC.
Given the number op people involved in the MC, looking at the election
process, multiple people supervising it, the way we discuss in openness,
etc. the change that one MC member influences the elections is in my
experience rather hypothetical.

b) Is not showing solidarity (if MC membership is canceled or
suspended), because more work on less shoulder?

It depends. In terms of the number of the MC members, role of the
resigning member etc. But I wouldn't expect it to have any significant
effect on the process of the BoD elections. It is mostly an
automated/technical process.

I think that's reflecting reality in a fair way too.

Cheers,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws, member Board of Directors