Re: [board-discuss] MCC questions ..

On 9/4/20 4:26 PM, Michael Meeks wrote:

      Sorry for that. The essence of the question is simple - if you
want to grow the membership there are at least these two approaches:

      + encourage more people to contribute more to meet
        the criteria
or
      + lower the criteria for membership

There is a third solution: convince more contributors to apply for
membership, as many of them do not even know that it is possible to
become TDF members by contributing to LibreOffice.

For instance, we have over 4K people registered on weblate, or 20 times
as many TDF members. Of course, many of them would not qualify as their
contribution is marginal, but many would.

I think that a solution to this issue is to reach out to native language
communities, especially outside Europe, where the relationship with the
core group is less strong.

      I would hope that:

"* How do you believe we can improve the existing election
   system - assuming the statutes can be tweaked ?"

      Is a legitimate question for the MC candidates ?

I think the question is legitimate if you take away the last portion:
"assuming the statutes can be tweaked". I do not see how the statutes
can be tweaked, but I think that they can be applied with some added
flexibility ("flexible" is different from "tweaked").

mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - email italo@libreoffice.org
hangout/jabber italo.vignoli@gmail.com - skype italovignoli
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0