Re: [board-discuss] MCC questions ..

Hi Daniel,

On 04/09/2020 14:29, Daniel Armando Rodriguez wrote:
* many MC members say they want to expand the membership.
  Given that LibreOffice is rather static in terms of its
  number of those involved in development: coding, UX,
  translation, documentation etc.

    + how do you plan to gain lots of new contributors ?
    + Do you think we expand the membership by accepting
      more marginal contributions for membership cf.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Membership_Role#Contributing

What's the 'more marginal contributions' meaning?

        Ah - perhaps I should be more clear:

     + "Do you think we should expand the membership by
        accepting much smaller contributions for membership"

        Sorry for that. The essence of the question is simple - if you
want to grow the membership there are at least these two approaches:

        + encourage more people to contribute more to meet
          the criteria
or
        + lower the criteria for membership

        Hence my question - in each case - I'd love more detail on people's
suggested approach.

* How do you believe we can improve the existing election
  system - assuming the statutes can be tweaked ?
    + I'm interested in where we have the situation that
      being too popular can stop you being able to
      engage at all as a deputy - as we saw with
      Miklos/Jona in the last MC election, and Kendy
      in the last Board election.

'Too popular'? What about that tiny little issue called affiliation?

        Sure, so do you have a question about that ? either way I'm curious
about MC member's views of an electoral system whereby (given the
current CoI rules) discouraging people from voting for you is a good
tactic to get elected ;-) and/or that if/as/when people are bumped by
these rules that it's not possible to appoint the next most popular
person in the ranking etc.

        I would hope that:

"* How do you believe we can improve the existing election
   system - assuming the statutes can be tweaked ?"

        Is a legitimate question for the MC candidates ?

        ATB,

                Michael.