[board-discuss] Self nomination for the Membership Committee: Muhammet Kara

Dear members & Board of Directors of The Document Foundation,

I would like to nominate myself for the next MC of TDF.

I am Muhammet Kara from Turkey, member/translator/developer/advocate of various FOSS projects since early 2000s, and I have been contributing to LibreOffice in various ways since 2016, including code contributions, translation, qa work, marketing/advocacy, taking part in the Design Team as a developer. And I'm also a LibreOffice certified developer, primarily working on the core & online code bases professionally. Although I would like to see LibreOffice and other FOSS projects flourish in every aspect, I like primarily focusing on attracting more young people (especially developer candidates from universities) to our community, and helping maintain/increase its diversity.

I have also been serving in the current Membership Committee as a deputy member since 2018, trying to act in the MC as per the goals I described during my candidacy in 2018. I especially tried to bring some value to the MC, as someone who is on both the development and the less technical sides of the project. And I would like to continue in that direction, hopefully with some additional experience I have gained so far, if I am elected again.

Some other FOSS projects I contribute(d) to: GNOME, KDE, The (GNU) Translation Project, Fedora.

Some links for more info:
 * Personal blog: http://muhammetkara.com/
 * Twitter: https://twitter.com/muhamm3tkara
 * GitHub profile: https://github.com/mrkara
 * A video interview: https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2018/12/02/video-interview-muhammet-kara-on-the-libreoffice-community-and-migrations-in-turkey/  * A report on the Libreoffice Developer Bootcamp: https://www.collaboraoffice.com/community-news/enthusiast-students-building-libreoffice-ankara-bootcamp-report/

My official candidacy statement:
"
By leveraging my experience in the current MC, and in various development mentoring and community building activities, I would like to continue doing my part also in the next MC. I'll keep focusing on diversity, and making our processes smoother for all; and I'll continue trying to find new ways for bringing more young people to our community as I have been trying to do so far.
"

My name: Muhammet Kara
E-mail adress: kara@libreoffice.org
Corporate affiliation: Collabora
I'm part of the LibreOffice developers team of Collabora.

I will provide information on all future changes as soon as possible.

Regards,
Muhammet Kara