Self-nomination for the Membership Committee: Shinji Enoki

Dear members & Board of Directors of The Document Foundation,

Who I am:
I'm Shinji Enoki. I live in Nishinomiya, Japan. As a freelance, I also
work on a support business for LibreOffice.

I started in 2008, OpenOffice.org era. I was the QA Coordinator for
the OpenOffice.org Japanese Project. And I joined in the found of the
LibreOffice Japanese team. My main activity is community organizing
for LibreOffice Japanese community and community marketing such as
event organizing in Japan.

I have provided the LibreOffice internship program to some of the
people who have been studying from Africa to Japan for the last three
years. In some cases, my support was not enough, but some people
became TDF members.

Since 2006, I have been a volunteer staff of KOF, the largest
open-source and IT community event in the Kansai area of Japan. Since
2011, I have been a volunteer staff of the Japan UNIX Society, which
is one of the oldest communities in Japan. Since 2006, I sometimes
organize meetups by the Linux user group "LILO" in Kansai.

Why I'm candidate to the MC:
TDF supports the LibreOffice community, I think it's important. I
would like to play a part in the smooth running of TDF membership.
Also, I think strengthening TDF membership may help to make the
community more active. Through MC activities, I want to strengthen the
relationships between LibreOffice contributors and find a way to
support new members.

As a frequent join of Japanese and Asian Open Souce events and
supporting LibreOffice internships, I have many opportunities to meet
LibreOffice contributors, other OSS contributors, and new
contributors. For me, it's relatively easy to invite TDF members and
LibreOffice activities. Of course, it's not as easy as it used to be
due to the influence of COVID-19, but I think there is something I can
do online.

-- # --

Full name: Shinji Enoki
Email address: shinji.enoki@gmail.com
Affiliation: Independent
I and iCraft Corp. are working together to develop a LibreOffice
support business in Japan. And iCraft and Collabora are business
partners. I and iCraft are on an equal footing and are not
unilaterally bound by decision making. And I always make decisions
that prioritize community interests.

I will provide information on all future changes as soon as possible.

My 75 words official candidacy statement:
Through MC activities, I would like to play a part in the smooth
running of TDF membership. I would like to use my various
relationships to invite new members to join TDF members. Also, I want
to find a way to support new members. For example, I think it may be
possible to update the onboarding process.

Best regards,
Shinji