[board-discuss] Self-nomination for the Membership Committee: Uwe Altmann

Hi everybody :)

My name is Uwe Altmann, I’m 63 years old male, married and living in Saarbücken (Germany) direct by
the french border. I’m self-employed with a strong tendency to retirement.

I joined the (then) OpenOffice community around 2004. Mostly in marketing activities as helping at
CeBit fair as long as we had a booth there. Besides being engaged in german community I did some QA
and documentation on Macs. In the past few years I helped the TDF to get GDPR compliant an
developing the idea of a business unit.

In “real live” - with an completed education as psychologist and statistician - I did mostly data
analysis, statistics and consulting, both public administration and charitable organizations. So
thus I‘m kind of experienced in German charity laws, managing organizations as well as internal
revenue code, especially concerning charitable organizations. I’m not a coder anymore – my last
programming experience lies back in the early 90ies (at least there is some). But besides this my
last payed job was requirements engineer and managing a team of developers.

The spare time I won by reducing my business activities I want to use to do more for the TDF. So
strengthen the community is one of my favorite goals. I may as well help in compliance with the
German charity regulations and in organizational matters.

Full name: Uwe altmann
Email address: uwe@libreoffice.org
Corporate affiliation: None

~75 words candidacy text:
I, Uwe Altmann, candidate for a seat in the membership committee of The Document Foundation. I have
been around with the project and TDF since the early beginning, mostly in German community and QA
for the Mac version. Actually I’m more in organizational matters. Being more an administrative guy
than a coder I would like to foster the TDF as organization.
--
Regards
Uwe Altmann