Re: [board-discuss] Agenda for TDF board meeting on Friday, August 14th at 1300 Berlin time (UTC+2)

Hi Lothar,

Genossenschaft is the German term, yes.

I can participate on the call but I would have to leave at 13:30 Berlin time for another
appointment.

If the control of the entity is to remain under the TDF, it may not be applicable. A Genossenschaft
is structured to be controlled by it's members. Typically the structure involves one member, one
vote, however in multi-stakeholder co-operatives that voting structure can be weighted so that
certain classes of voters have more vote weight than others.

The TDF could engage into a legal arrangement with the co-operative that implies control of actions
based on a contractual service arrangement.. but theoretically the board of the co-op would be run
independently. If it's the case that the TDF must control the entity then forming a co-op may be an
overly complicated matter.

I'll attend the conference at 13:00 Berlin time tomorrow and if there is time for me to speak on it
before 13:30 I will.

Cheers,
Kevin