Drafting "Tender to finish transition of LibreOffice to ODF 1.3 (ODF 1.3 delta)"

Hello,

one of the approved [1] tenders is the

Tender to finish transition of LibreOffice to ODF 1.3 (ODF 1.3 delta)

I would like to especially thank Regina Henschel for her amazing volunteer work on both this and the previous ODF 1.3 tender - it's a true pleasure to work with you! :slight_smile:

The board would like to work together in public with all of you on this tender before it gets officially published. The current draft is therefore shared at

https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/59Nd4Tdn4Emkcaz

The shared folder consists of two files:

* ODF 1.3 delta Tender.odt
This is the very first draft of the tender, currently less or more our tender template that we will fill with content.

* ODF 1.3 delta Items.ods
This spreadsheet created by Regina (thanks so much!) lists all the tasks and items for this tender. The column "Complexity/Comments (notes taken on the phone)" is the notes I took while being on the phone with Regina - let me know any glitches or inaccuracies of mine you find.

Those with a conflict of interest (i.e. potential bidders) will be excluded from the point on the tender is published and evaluated.

Looking forward to your feedback, and thanks again to Regina!
Florian

[1] https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/msg04477.html

Hello,

I've added the details from the spreadsheet to the tender draft at

Florian Effenberger wrote:

https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/59Nd4Tdn4Emkcaz

[..]

* ODF 1.3 delta Tender.odt

Please let me know any questions or proposals you have, I will then incorporate it into the document. The goal is to have the document ready by next week, for a publication thereafter:

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Florian

Hi Florian

Florian Effenberger wrote:

https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/59Nd4Tdn4Emkcaz

[..]

* ODF 1.3 delta Tender.odt

Please let me know any questions or proposals you have, I will then incorporate it into the document. The goal is to have the document ready by next week, for a publication thereafter:

item: Wrong icon of master document template in Windows Explorer

It might be, that it is not only the icon, but the system integration might be wrong too. I have added a comment about it to the bug description. It would be good if someone with Windows could test it and add a comment to the bug:
Create a new master document.
Save it as master document template.
Save is as master document.
Look what options (New or Open of both) you get from the context menu of the file, and what happens, when you use the option.

Kind regards
Regina

Hi Regina,

Regina Henschel wrote:

item: Wrong icon of master document template in Windows Explorer

It might be, that it is not only the icon, but the system integration might be wrong too. I have added a comment about it to the bug description. It would be good if someone with Windows could test it and add a comment to the bug:

thanks a lot for the heads-up!
I've removed the comment about "design only" in the tender draft, but kept the bug ID reference, so potential bidders can see the issue.

Florian