'Free Beer' Office?

Hi,

for those who complains about LibreOffice campains stating free (like
free beer), here is a current example from the official LibreOffice account:

https://twitter.com/libreoffice/status/1286929532222570496/photo/1

Regards,
Andreas

Both "No Registration" and "No Vendor Lock-in" are about libre, not
gratis. "No Forced Payments" could be either gratis, or libre.

Italo Vignoli's _2020/2025 Marketing Communications Plan (with
additional comments)_ Slide 15: "Digital sovereignty issue will become
pervasive". This is something that LibreOffice marketing should
emphasize. The "No ~" image hints at it, but doesn't make it explicit.

Your cloud, your language, your documents, your way.

jonathon

> for those who complains about LibreOffice campains stating free (like
> free beer), here is a current example from the official LibreOffice account:
>
> https://twitter.com/libreoffice/status/1286929532222570496/photo/1

Both "No Registration" and "No Vendor Lock-in" are about libre, not
gratis. "No Forced Payments" could be either gratis, or libre.

True - on the other hand if you look at the LibreOffice Twitter
account bio the first word after the URL is 'Free' - it sets the tone.

Not to mention the decade-old (but, to this day, not superceded) example of the Next Decade Manifesto: [1]

"Our Values
WE COMMIT OURSELVES: To eliminate the digital divide in society by giving everyone access to office productivity tools free of charge to enable them to participate as full citizens in the 21st century
WE REJECT: The ownership of office productivity tools by monopoly suppliers which imposes a de-facto tax on global electronic free speech and penalises the economically disadvantaged"

Best regards,
Tuomas

[1] https://www.documentfoundation.org/pdf/tdf_manifesto.pdf