Re: [board-discuss] Initiative to improve communication channels

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 5:03 PM Kev M <kevm@mailbox.org> wrote:

There are other participatory democracy software out there that exist but
I don't know many that are Open Source.

There is also CONSUL, which was developed as open source by Madrid City
Council, transferred to an independent Foundation and is now used
worldwide. Italo Vignoli is a member of their Board of Directors. See
https://consulproject.org/en/

All the same, I don't think it's necessarily a good thing to bring
thousands of voters into a decision making process where they have no
responsibilities to moderate their exercise of rights. It will just become
factional and partisan based on external agendas.

S.
--
*Simon Phipps*
*Meshed Insights Ltd*