Re: [board-discuss] Some problems.

Hi Thorsten,

On 15/07/2020 15.12, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Michael Weghorn wrote:
In the former case, adding the relevant information (professional
support available and encouraged for enterprises) more explicitly to the
website or maybe using existing mechanisms to inform the user (like
mentioning support in the donation/contribution infobars or add a "Tip
of the Day" with that info) might be a good way of dealing with this, in
my opinion.

Yes - the important aspect here being, that many users in a corporate
deployment would never see the download page. So indeed a way to bring
those facts in front of users' eyes is important. The Personal (or
rather more likely, given the discussion here, Community) tag would
deliver that.

But clever ways to insert that into info bar or tips of the day would
be cool, too - it's just that a window title bar mention is visible
~all the time, whereas info bars are used sparingly.

I have no insight into the psychology here though, whether one or the
other approach would be more effective in nudging. Perhaps we can try
both? ;)

In my opinion, the "Personal" tag is more nudging, which is actually why
I like the other approach better.

The upside (or downside, as you see it...) is that those who "know what
they're doing" and for whom LibreOffice as provided by TDF may be an
acceptable approach after all (s. some notes on potential scenarios in
the previous email), can still decide to use it without being "forced"
to use another product.

This is why I mentioned this mostly helps for the "former case" (i.e.
educate those people that actually don't know, not those who
deliberately decide not to buy a "Professional Edition").

Best regards,
Michael