Re: [board-discuss] Re: Some problems.

Hi Jonathon,

On 12/07/2020 20:32, toki wrote:
On 2020/07/08 12:40, Michael Meeks wrote:
     I think Thorsten stated more cleanly as:

     "The market for desktop libreoffice is tough;
      sales cycles frequently count in multiple years"

I'd blame the lack of sales on Collabora having a really
bad website

        So, if getting sales is only a function of a really good website - I
would really suggest that you enter the market, make a fortune -and-
contribute that back to LibreOffice =) all are welcome in the ecosystem.

        Beyond that - creating, maintaining and translating a website into a
handful of languages is an expensive hobby.

        Another (fading) problem is that what most of us love to do is to write
FLOSS code that improves our customers' lives and to contribute it to
LibreOffice =)

        You're right - we probably should spend less on that, and more on
finding FLOSS-friendly people that like to produce polished marketing
copy (CV's to my inbox) - but perhaps you can forgive the imbalance.

Is that the online edition, or the desktop
edition? Is that Tier 1 or Tier 2 support?

        Worth digging out my mail on the counter-intuitive negatives of
answering all questions on your web-page =)

        ATB,

                Michael.