Re: [board-discuss] Re: [tdf-members] Personal: and software freedom.

El 2020-07-13 13:29, Kev M escribió:

K, this is the amazing thing about Vanilla. It's actually black. Well, it's actually more ochre-ish.

Also, I get Olvier's point about it being too cartoonish to use Vanilla; but I retort: Google uses candybar names for it's versions of Android. Debian uses Toy Story characters. I could find many more examples where software has a "cartoonish" name.

The nice thing about Vanilla is that everyone implicity knows what it means; plain, but it doesn't sound boring like plain, and Vanilla can be Vanilla, like the ice-cream, or Vanilla the substance, which again, is black.

I second Olivier here, not everyone knows outside the geek circle.

--
DAR