Re: [board-discuss] Re: [tdf-members] Personal: and software freedom.

K, this is the amazing thing about Vanilla. It's actually black. Well, it's actually more ochre-ish.

Also, I get Olvier's point about it being too cartoonish to use Vanilla; but I retort: Google uses
candybar names for it's versions of Android. Debian uses Toy Story characters. I could find many
more examples where software has a "cartoonish" name.

The nice thing about Vanilla is that everyone implicity knows what it means; plain, but it doesn't
sound boring like plain, and Vanilla can be Vanilla, like the ice-cream, or Vanilla the substance,
which again, is black.

I would hope that HR/IT departments are not so irrationally reactionary to the BLM movement that
they would look so far into "Vanilla". VanillaForums software might be in trouble. Meaningful
engagement with their employees on issues such as racism is a better goal:
https://hbr.org/2020/06/u-s-businesses-must-take-meaningful-action-against-racism