Re: [board-discuss] Re: [tdf-members] Discussion about options available with marketing plan draft and timetable

Hi
Am 13.07.20 um 15:13 schrieb Regina Henschel:
To make these more visible, I can think of changes for the download page:
Introduction
Download option "fresh"
Download option "still".

Introduction
The Document Foundation (TDF) provides LibreOffice releases on a /time based cycle/. TDF provides
a feature release half yearly, followed by usually six bug fix releases.

Other versions, including long-term support versions, and special services for the needs of
companies and larger organizations are available from LibreOffice partners, read /<site to be
created>/ for more details.

[// are meant to be links.]

Remove the comment "If you're a technology enthusiast, early adopter or power user, this version
is for you!" from "fresh"-rectangle.

Replace the comment "This version is slightly older and does not have the latest features, but it
has been tested for longer. For business deployments, we strongly recommend support from
certified partners which also offer long-term support versions of LibreOffice." with the comment
"Last bug fix release for this LibreOffice series is in <month year>".

The short time where bug fixes are available for a LibreOffice series, should make it clear to
companies, that they need a different solution than just downloading LibreOffice.

+1
Can be done immediately. No preliminary decision on other topics.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Uwe Altmann