Re: [board-discuss] Some problems.

Hi Uwe,

On 13/07/2020 11:01, Uwe Altmann wrote:
TLTR?: Become a professional managed organization

        I imagine it's not just Italo that has concerns with that =)

Teach people that LibreOffice is not the gratis version of MS
Office but a real great idea which they can and shall support
in various ways.

        Totally behind that; marketing more of the project and less of a gratis
product.

Till this field, then economic returns can be seeded and grow there;
and this is something TDF can do.

        Clearly we need to educate people.

Don't try to force the TDF to do what it cannot (by statutes
and/or by law) do

        Of course.

if it is a really important issue, create an independent
structure for it.

        The ecosystem though has a lot of competing independent structures,
each with different strengths, and interest in bringing LibreOffice to
different niches. Clearly having more players there would be good,
though having a single hyper-privileged one would not. But possibly new
structures are needed I suppose.

        ATB,

                Michael.