Re: [board-discuss] Re: [tdf-members] Personal: and software freedom.

Hi Toki,

On 13/07/2020 01:11, toki wrote:
By way of example, whenever I open a document in> Apache OpenOffice

        I think I've detected the location of the bug already.

and that AOo and LibO are slowly migrating towards
mutual incompatibility.

        I expect that this is a matter of keeping up with standards. It takes
significant investment to stand still in the market we're in.

LibreOffice and A11Y tools
Can _any_ of the LibreOffice Ecosystem support vendors provide A11Y
support? Going by the websites I've seen, it would appear that they do not.

        Collabora sells root cause bug fixes for a fixed (published) price; and
have extensive experience available around a11y - so if you want
code-fix support; then yes. RedHat have fixed a11y issues, I'm sure CIB
and others can to if that is the support you want.

        If you want training or AT fixing - I imagine Hypra or NV Access would
know where to start. The problem is of course, that there is nearly an
infinite amount of work and/or customization that can be done in this
area. Almost all user want it to have been done already, rather than to
pay for that.

        The search for support you outline was apparently not terribly
rigorous; at least I didn't hear of it.

        ATB,

                Michael.