Re: [board-discuss] Re: [tdf-members] Personal: and software freedom.

On July 12, 2020 12:51:26 PM PDT, toki <toki.kantoor@gmail.com> wrote:
On 2020/07/10 12:59, Kev M wrote:

Why not call it LibreOffice Vanilla?

I might be hypersensative right now, due to the riots in the United
States, but I suspect every HR department seeking to reduce "hostile
work environment" lawsuits would flat out bar the use of any product
that contained the word "vanilla" in it, due to both its racial, and
its
sexual connotations.

jonathon

As a U.S. citizen I find this puzzling... I've never heard the term vanilla to ever be remotely
controversial. "Vanilla" is a term most often used to describe something as "boring", which may
provoke sexual connotations as much as the word "fun" or "weird" does.

If anything, I find using "vanilla" as a descriptor for blandness objectionable as it diminishes
vanilla; it is a rich, distinct flavor!