Re: [board-discuss] Re: [tdf-members] Personal: and software freedom.

Also to add,

Why not call it LibreOffice Vanilla?
There's no inferences as Community or Personal have that suggest a lesser product. It's not called
Plain, which sounds boring. Partners can sell Libreoffice support with the Libreoffice "powered by"
or "engine" (personally engine sounds like it will lead to proprietary plug-ins) branding.

As Florian wrote, if I were at an NGO, school, or some other small business, Vanilla wouldn't be a
discouraging name, but it would be a reminder that I'm using the gratis version with no support. It
then allows certified vendors the freedom to do their own branding of LibreOffice.

(This would also solve the mascot issue because LO could have a vanilla tree as mascot which would
fit the green theme. I'd like to see Tyson Tan make an anime character out of that.)