[board-discuss] "Personal Edition" opinion

Dear board,

I am not against the discussion about "editions", however I find the current implementation to be very unhelpful and misleading. "Intended for individual use" part will be misunderstood as "forbidden for not individual use", discouraging the users.

I understand the motivation to promote the enterprise version to bring more money/contributors, but please consider also my point of view: when volunteering, part of my motivation is that everyone (including biggest companies) can use the product with no legal or even moral duty to contribute whatever back. This is the beauty of free software and I can't agree if the opposite approach is emphasized so much as in this case.

Best regards,
Stanislav