Re: [board-discuss] Regarding the label "Personal Edition"

Hi,

Paolo Vecchi wrote on 08/07/2020 19:31:

LibreOffice is, unfortunately, taken for granted by many which use it
also in large organisations, which may have the resources for
contributing to it, as they see it simply as a great office suite they
can get for free.

Nothing wrong with having LibreOffice for free but if a large
organisation or government, with appropriate means, uses it without
keeping it up to date and with proper support is not only bad practice
but also disrespectful towards all the people that invest time and money
in it.

And it further breaks down resources, that are badly needed for many
areas in where the product needs improvements.

Maybe calling it LibreOffice Community Edition could help in getting the
message through and those organisations will start contributing or
getting proper support from the members of the Enterprise ecosystem.

I have no idea how that will have that effect.

In terms of text for the about window, what do you think about "You are
using the Community version of LibreOffice, for supported business use
consider LibreOffice Enterprise products and services."?

" For larger scale professional use, we advise LibreOffice Enterprise
products and support, which also helps vital funding of LibreOffice
development. "

More explicit what we want and why we need it.

Greetings,

Cor

--
Cor Nouws