Re: [board-discuss] Regarding the label "Personal Edition"

Thanks for your suggestions Aravind.

Adding a tag to LibreOffice is not unavoidable, that's why we are
looking for feedback from the Community.

However, we feel that there is a need to clearly state that LibreOffice
is a Community effort and that those that can should participate to this
effort.

LibreOffice is, unfortunately, taken for granted by many which use it
also in large organisations, which may have the resources for
contributing to it, as they see it simply as a great office suite they
can get for free.

Nothing wrong with having LibreOffice for free but if a large
organisation or government, with appropriate means, uses it without
keeping it up to date and with proper support is not only bad practice
but also disrespectful towards all the people that invest time and money
in it.

Maybe calling it LibreOffice Community Edition could help in getting the
message through and those organisations will start contributing or
getting proper support from the members of the Enterprise ecosystem.

In terms of text for the about window, what do you think about "You are
using the Community version of LibreOffice, for supported business use
consider LibreOffice Enterprise products and services."?

Does it convey the message properly?

Ciao

Paolo