One clarification since it caused some private questions:

On 07/07/2020 21:13, Michael Meeks wrote:
      Collabora - despite C'bra still putting a lot of work into
LibreOffice Desktop, having an outstanding support capability, doing
lots of marketing, being the largest code contributor to LibreOffice,
and having lots of existing happy customers / references for desktop
LibreOffice, ... etc. etc.

      We have not had -one- -single- -new- Collabora *Office*
customer since 2018 - zero.

        I think Thorsten stated more cleanly as:

        "The market for desktop libreoffice is tough;
         sales cycles frequently count in multiple years"

        which I agree with. Of course - we have also sold some seats of
LibreOffice Vanilla for Mac in the app-store, which  is desktop & has
let us fix a number of Mac bugs. That's about 5% of C'bras income /
expenditure.

        Some people kindly offered to buy some seats. Sadly the transaction
cost (outside an app-store) of selling to an individual, or handful of
users is very significant: sales time, invoicing, accounting, account
setup, software setup, responding to tickets etc. makes this loss-making
for less than several 10's of users or pre-paid multi-year commitments.

      => so it makes no economic sense at all to invest in
         -Desktop- Libreoffice you will never see a return.

      That is manageable - we are investing heavily in creating
Online and that is going well, and it funds our work on LibreOffice.

        And of course for us Collabora Online is the tip of the spear for
investment & expected returns, with education being a key sector
currently. We have a growing set of customers there.

        That as well as some intermittent consultancy pieces lets us work on
improving lots of things in the LibreOffice core for our users.

        HTH,

                Michael.