Re: [board-discuss] Involvement of the board in the Marketing Plan

Hi Daniel,

On 26/06/2020 23:16, Daniel Armando Rodriguez wrote:
Given the importance of adopting a medium-term plan such as the one
under discussion, in my role as a Board Member I recognize that it is
extremely important to hear different voices.

Me too. Hearing voices serves no purpose in its own right however --
it's the reaction (or inaction) that follows which matters. The extent
to which a reaction is possible is determined by other factors like
process, which I drew attention to at the start of this thread.

In fact, I would have
liked yesterday's meeting to have been attended by more than 11
people.

Community participation levels are closely related to "agency" --
communicating to volunteers what is being sought from them, and
what they can influence and how. If you pursue more attendees in the
calls then that's worth considering.

However, in relation to the latter, language should not be a barrier
for anyone. We are not all native English speakers in fact and it is
important to stress that TDF has usual channels of communication to
keep up with the news or participate.

Agreed.

Sam.