Re: [board-discuss] Involvement of the board in the Marketing Plan

Hi Sam,

I was there in the meeting too, just like many of the marketing meetings in the past.  I have
regularly attended the marketing meeting, no matter the heated ones like yesterday, or small ones
with only three people including me.

Before this marketing meeting, there has been some discussion / debate / even argue around some
related topics in the Board.  Of course we would like to make some concrete plan but unfortunately
some volunteer board members who would like to push these things forward were criticized as poor
options for doing so, so eventually we decide to ask for Italo's expert to write the draft of this
marketing plan and publicly discuss it with the members.

But, from another aspect, I totally agree with your concern about coordinating between the Board,
staff and community.  As what I've mentioned in my statement running for the board, in my concept
the Board is not the leader of the community.  Of course the Board needs to make decision and take
the responsibility, but it should act more like a platform, allowing many members even staffs
showing their thoughts even experts.  That is one important reason why we make the board meeting
more public and decide to make the topics we discussed in the public section as default unless it
meets some requirements to be private.  The only thing I insist when trying to make as many people
as possible to show their opinions is that everyone should respect other people, and their
different thoughts and comments.

Of course such concepts may differ even conflict with the basic concepts of other board member, I
don't really know if any.  But anyway in this term, as a member of the board, I'm happy to see that
more community members showed their comments and thoughts.  The Board's responsibility is to make
it a workable and concrete plan so maybe not all the thoughts from the community will be taken; but
at least I hope that the community members can see the changes of the board we're doing hard -- the
board is trying to be more open, friendly, and get closer to our community friends.

Regards,
Franklin