Re: [board-discuss] UPDATED Draft Marketing Plan 2020-2025

On 6/18/20 4:17 PM, Mike Saunders wrote:
On 18/06/2020 15:45, Sam Tuke wrote:>
Slide 36: .biz domains lack credibility in my view, even compared to
some newer unknown domains. Personally I associate them with
unscrupulous salesmen, probably because of how "biz" is often used as an
abbreviation in american English. Consider alternatives like .pro,
.enterprises, .services.

I agree with Sam here -- ".biz" still has a strong connotation of scam
websites and cheap rip-offs to me. Maybe things have changed in recent
years, but "libreoffice.biz" still makes me feel awkward.

.enterprise, .business or .inbusiness would be better IMO.

I consider this a detail of the wider concept to have a website
associated to LibreOffice Enterprise. I have not done any research into
each domain viability, and I have used BIZ as this was the easiest one
to find on registrar's websites, so every improvement is welcome.

mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - email italo@libreoffice.org
hangout/jabber italo.vignoli@gmail.com - skype italovignoli
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0