[board-discuss] Draft Marketing Plan 2020-2025

After 10 years, LibreOffice is a different software in a different
market environment. We are quickly approaching the milestone release of
LibreOffice 7.0, which, for the first time in over 10 years, will offer
a new updated open standard format for office document: ODF 1.3.

LibreOffice is now available on the desktop, online and on mobile, in
different flavours, and with different names according to the ecosystem
company releasing the product.

It is therefore the time to update our marketing strategy, based on the
current situation and the market outlook for the next 5 years.

The approach has been already discussed in private by a small group of
people and has reached a first level of consensus. It will be discussed
in public during next BoD call, on Friday, June 19, at 1PM CEST.

The draft presentation is available online at the following address:
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/y7SXTdamdB28GGG

Please focus on the overall strategy and not on specific details, as
details can be tweaked to reach a wider consensus.

mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - email italo@libreoffice.org
hangout/jabber italo.vignoli@gmail.com - skype italovignoli
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0