Hi Daniel,

Daniel Armando Rodriguez wrote on 22/05/2020 23:33:
El 2020-05-22 17:26, Cor Nouws escribió:

It would be good to hear what you think of today's board meeting, and
what has been presented there about community health and ecosystem.
(Well, we tried to chat later, but kitchen duties were calling me ;) )

What I think is no one can get such answer from TDF channel, period.

I understand what you mean, sure. I have no idea about that conversation
in a whole, so can't judge. But at least it's a fair representation of
the status quo at that moment, from that point of view.

That is a reasonable possible way of looking at it, for sure.
TDF's mission speaks about "software made available for everyone ..
freely and without restrictions". So indeed you can read that as
'binaries for business use without payment', but just as reasonable as
'code for all individuals without restrictions'. Or maybe even
interpretations in between :)

No one is talking of the first, and I'm reading it over and over again
with different wording.

That is what happens: depending on ... whatever, you get a different
reading.
Maybe I got your words wrong. Then sorry for that. But the ideas about
free binaries for all use are there. So it's something we cannot ignore.

So that's the good thing for primary the board, but if needed the whole
community: our freedom to look at what is really wise to do for TDF's
mission.
Maybe the Ecosystem & Sustainability presentation gives some good input
to further talk about that aspect of how our world looks. So lets do
that :)

If TDF offer a product for free, and states the commercial suport is up
the ecosystem companies what's the problem?
Whoever is looking for such support will knock their doors.

No one else then we bear responsibility to respect the statues.
"...  The foundation furthers a sustainable, independent and
meritocratic community which develops Free / Libre and Open Source
Software based on open standards through international collaboration."

So please let's investigate how it works out in practice ;)

Cheers,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws, member Board of Directors