Invitation to public TDF board meeting on Friday, March 13th at 1300 Berlin time

Dear community,

find below the public agenda for the

TDF board meeting
with a public part, followed by a private part
on Friday, March 13th at 1300 Berlin time

For time zone conversion, see e.g.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20200313T13&p1=37&p2=136&p3=241&p4=589

at https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/TDFBoard
(We'll use https://meet.jit.si/TDFBoard only as fallback.)

Public Part

1. Q&A: Answering Questions from the community (Lothar and Franklin, max. 20 minutes)

    Rationale: Provide an opportunity for the community to ask questions to the new board and about TDF.

2. Finalizing and publishing the FOSDEM goals (Lothar, Franklin 10min)

    Rationale: clarifying todos, timeline
    Proposal: reread and cluster FOSDEM goals for publishing, Blog about Goals in the next 14 days, instantiation of a tracking tool for the goals

3. Take over Document Freedom Day campaign by TDF (Franklin, 10min)

    Rational: discuss take over, checking about consensus to do, next steps (vote via email?)

4. Status quo about Pending Actions (Lothar 5min)

    Rational: clarifying todos, timeline

Looking forward to hear you on Friday!

Florian

Howdy,

I was wondering about the ‘FOSDEM goals’ is there something that should be read before that meeting or is the meeting meant to introduce them?

Thanks

Drew

Hi Drew,

I was wondering about the 'FOSDEM goals' is there something that should
be read before that meeting or is the meeting meant to introduce them?

  The latter =) the old & new boards came up with some key goals for the
year a month or go or so at FOSDEM - we intended to publish them at the
time, but havn't got to it yet.

  Hopefully we can get to that,

  ATB,

    Michael.

Got it, thanks.

I was planning on joining the call to support Franklin’s ideas on Document Freedom Day. Will look forward to hearing about this also.

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I have joined the meeting but you have all a robotic voice, I preferred
to leave as we couldn't barely understand what you meant.

All public Jitsi instances (was the case for Framasoft) are being taken
up by people wanting to use a visio solution, so I assume the TDF server
(or at least its network connection) was overloaded.

On this topic, boosting the current server and promoting it to our
users, would be a good marketing campaign, if hosted at
jitsi.libreoffice.org (not on tdf.org, in order to boost brand
awareness). Depending on the cost, that's something I could cover.

I'll ask my questions using a delayed video, basically the same
questions I had for my FOSDEM presentation, presentation I haven't been
able to give because of TDF's agenda constraints. :confused:

Keep you posted. =)

All public Jitsi instances (was the case for Framasoft) are being taken
up by people wanting to use a visio solution, so I assume the TDF server
(or at least its network connection) was overloaded.

I don't think so, even it is public it was not *published* anywhere,
IIRC, but I think our Infra team can answer this point.

On this topic, boosting the current server

That seems the most viable option.

and promoting it to our
users, would be a good marketing campaign, if hosted at
jitsi.libreoffice.org (not on tdf.org, in order to boost brand
awareness). Depending on the cost, that's something I could cover.

I am in doubt of all of these. The jitsi instance is for the *community*
behind LibreOffice, not directly for LibreOffice per se, so I am
positive the actual domain is indeed ok.

I think I will bring it directly to the Infra group, as it is now clear
we have a problem that we must solve. I think the discussion belongs
there, then we can summarize the outcome here.

Regards,