Re: [board-discuss] Self-nomination for next Board

Hi Michael,

Am 07.12.19 um 11:58 schrieb Michael Meeks:
Hi Andreas,

      I for one am grateful for all candidates that stand in the
election. I expect each of them to act as individuals in the best
interest of TDF and for all of them to have a shared primary
affiliation to LibreOffice. I also think we should be encouraging
those people that stand, and not trying to create tribal wedges.

      At Collabora we encourage our staff to do what they think best
in LibreOffice & TDF - and we have no say at all over what our
partners do there; I thoroughly dislike your implication to the
contrary. However, if people are worried by that (as apparently you
are) they should have all the information they need to vote
accordingly.

I'd not expect or assume something different. But there is ยง 8 IV of the
TDF statutes with clear rules.

Thus the affiliation is an important criterion and not any (positive)
subjective element (e.g. doing best in the interest of TDF).

Kind regards,
Andreas