Re: [board-discuss] Diversity Is Key?

Hi Andreas, thanks for highlighting the lack of gender diversity. This is a problem which past
Boards and Membership Committees have no doubt worked on; perhaps those people can say more about
their efforts and challenges.

I understand that contributors with non-technical backgrounds make up a minority percentage of the
Foundation's members. Considering that candidates from the Board come from this group, doing more
to encourage new members to join from our existing non-technical teams seems like a one good
approach. A more diverse Membership makes possible more diverse Board candidates.

Regarding affiliation and your comments about my statement: I hilighted my independence because
affiliation is a critical issue  for many Members in this election, and also for statutory
compliance.

To clarify the links which you posted and address your suspicion: from 2014 to 2015 I worked for 13
months as Consultant Marketing Manager for Collabora Productivity. Four intervening years working
in a different sector have passed, during which time Collabora and I have communicated only on TDF
lists, and briefly at LibreOffice conferences. During these years I've been an independent TDF
member and supported the TDF Marketing Team as best I could. I believe my experience marketing
LibreOffice, both professionally and voluntarily, would be valuable to the Board.

Happy to answer other questions in this vein which you or others may have.

Sam.