Public agenda for TDF board web meeting on Friday, November 23rd, at 1400, Berlin time

Dear Community,
the board will meet again

     on Friday, November 23rd, at 1400, Berlin time

We'll meet using our own Jitsi instance at
     https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/TDFBoard
or at
     https://meet.jit.si/TDFBoard **ONLY** as fallback.

============
Public part

1) LibreOffice Online for other organizations

2) FOSDEM meeting and agenda

3) quarterly reports

============

If you have something to discuss with the board, please, reply to this
message and join us during the meeting.

ATB,
Marina

I'd like to ask again for a decision regarding the MIME icon. Question was if we can find a more appearing icon for LibreOffice or create something more special for TDF (the brand is too close to the product). And I received a request to restart the mascot topic. Belongs to the same topic, somehow.

Since this primarily affects the software would it not be a topic for the ESC?

{Terse? Mobile!}

Besides ESC I would suggest to get some more professional visual designers into this topic.

Simon Phipps <webmink@documentfoundation.org> 於 2018年11月19日 週一 下午6:36寫道:

[...]

Dr. Heiko Tietze
UX designer
Tel. +49 (0)179/1268509

I agree but I was considering just the decision-making aspect rather than the implementation.

{Terse? Mobile!}

I strongly support the request for a TDF specific logo/icon, while I
don't think we should reopen the mascot topic because of the comments we
have received during the last Reddit AMA, which clearly show that there
would be flames from a group not involved in the community but vocal
enough to disrupt our process.

As the brand and all things around that are also legal stuff, the BoD
has to say nothing about it?

As the ESC only "provides *technological* guidance on stratetic matters"
[1] and has skills across development [2] I don't know if this is the
right place to decide about legal stuff.

But perhaps I'm wrong.

[1]
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Organization#Engineering_Steering_Committee_.28ESC.29
[2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/ESC

The BOD would likely need to approve whatever the ESC proposes, sure.

Since this primarily affects the software would it not be a topic for
the ESC?

As the brand and all things around that are also legal stuff, the BoD
has to say nothing about it?

As the ESC only “provides technological guidance on stratetic matters”
[1] and has skills across development [2] I don’t know if this is the
right place to decide about legal stuff.

But perhaps I’m wrong.

[1]
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Organization#Engineering_Steering_Committee_.28ESC.29
[2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/ESC