[board-discuss] Board candidate: Simon Phipps

Dear TDF members,

Having just completed two years on the board at The Document Foundation
performing less visible work related to contracts, trademarks, copyrights
and staffing, I am willing to serve as a director again for the next two
years if elected and thus submit myself as a candidate.

Candidate statement:
"I've been involved with the LibreOffice project in some way since the
OpenOffice.org launch in 2000. I still believe LibreOffice is one of
software freedom movement's most important projects. I have previously
served both as Membership Chair and and as a Director and have extensive
business experience which I have used to TDF's advantage. Now independent,
I'd be honoured to serve again; my priority will be the new challenges of
the cloud era."

Personal information:
My full name is Simon Phipps
I am nominated in a personal capacity and have no corporate affiliations
relevant to the role.
Work: I am a director of Meshed Insights Ltd. (management consulting) and
Meshed Management Ltd. (property management)
Pro-bono roles: I also serve of the Board of the Open Source Initiative
(where I am currently President), of the Open Rights Group, and of Public
Software CIC.
I may be contacted as simon@webmink.com

Best regards,

Simon