Re: [board-discuss] Hackfests, the next generation: A Call To Action
Bjoern Michaelsen schrieb:
Suggested new format
But maybe revitalizing Hackfests are an opportunity here. Here is a suggested
- TDF selects a small of the tenderable topics (6 man days)
- TDF selects a "product owner" for the topic (could be an TDF employee or a
qualified and motivated TDF member)
- TDF hires 2 certified developers from LibreOffices companies for 3 days each
- TDF offers 2 days "development training" to its members, but also to the
general community: ideally we select four people for this.
- All are invited to a two day Hackfest.
- Hired consultants are expect to pair program with one of the volunteers on
each day, with the hired person not distracted by other business and doing
the main effort with the paired volunteer focusing on learning.
- On each day, one of the hired developers works on the projector of the room,
allowing other partcipants to the Hackfest to observe and learn.
- Closing the day, each paired team will give a 5-15 minutes lightning talk on
their progress and challenges over the day. This presentation should be done
by the paired volunteer to the best of their ability and recorded e.g. by
TDF staff for publication.
- Rest of the extra booked day should be used for a 1-hour prep Hangouts,
follow ups and overtime.
- Selected paired volunteers should ideally be 50% certified or uncertified
developers and at least 25% volunteers active in non-development areas (e.g.
documentation, l10n ...).
- Beyond this, it will be a "normal" Hackfest allowing others to mix an mingle.
I would like to participate in such a Hackfest. I know, I do not belong
to the targeted category of persons, but I want to code, and I could
help in testing, whether a tutorial is really suitable for a beginner.
I write here, because I have a suggestion for a topic, where I have
noticed, that I don't know enough to understand, what happens in the code:
Topic: How goes the information from the file into the model?
As example I suggest layer handling in Draw, e.g these issues
<draw:layer-set> as a child element of <draw:page> not supported
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=67248 FILEOPEN Layer
with reserved name vanishes when changing UI language
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=91829 DRAW: Layout,
Controls and Dimension Lines need improvement
draw:display and draw:protected attributes of <draw:layer> not supported
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Re: [board-discuss] Hackfests, the next generation: A Call To Action (continued)
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy