[board-discuss] [DISCUSS] change of travel policy wrt. kilometers driven

Hello,

we have received a request for a travel policy change. As we have done before, let's first have a little bit of time for discussion and clarification, and only then move to the actual vote which I'll announce by a [VOTE] tag in the subject.

The proposal is:

Change our travel policy at https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Policies/Travel#Personal_Cars to read

Old: "The use of personal cars is permitted, if this is the most economic transportation. Using a personal car in any case needs a signed travel report, including kilometers travelled. TDF will refund 0.30€ per _distance_ kilometer."

New: "The use of personal cars is permitted, if this is the most economic transportation. Using a personal car in any case needs a signed travel report, including kilometers travelled. TDF will refund 0.30€ per _driven_ kilometer.

TDF asks everyone to use the most cost efficient end-to-end means of transport for yourself, team-mates and materials. When cheaper, reasonable public transportation is possible, it should be preferred. If in any doubt please get confirmation before travel."

Change: Pay 0,30 € per _driven_ instead of _distance_ kilometer, effectively doubling the rate. This is in line with the tax regulations, but we ask to use reasonable means of transportation to keep costs low.

Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | IRC: floeff on Freenode